Since I can't sleep and I feel horrible, I thought I'd do a check in on an exercise I did early in the year from the Amazing Biz + Life Academy's workbooks and planner for 2013.
The idea was to create a list of 100 things you'd like to do this year. They could be anything from tiny to-do's to dreams come true. You just had to list 100.
I got stuck at about 26 I think. I had to sit there a while and work through the block, and them BOOM! Riding a camel popped into my head. Naturally! And I was off and running again! I went above and beyond 100 things. Some of those I will filter off into a "Bucket List" if they involve more time or money than I can spare at present. But the exercise went so well that I had to divide my list into 'sectors' to keep my head straight. I came out with 5 lists to work on in the areas of:
I'm going to share the ME! list now. I'm just curious to see what I've achieved so far. I need a morale boost (hopefully) or a kick in the pants - possibly both!
Climb Central Park Tower in the Step Up For MS Challenge Raise $250!(I raised $1,145!!!)
- Journal regularly
- Complete Certificate III Ed Suport
- Get a Pap Smear (WHOOHOO! Living the dream!)
- Convert old home movies to DVD
- Sort and store old digital photos
- Go to King's Park and spend the day alone exploring
Try yoga(Love it!)
- Visit my friend Coralie of Rainbow Farm Photography
- Learn to crochet
- Get a massage
- Try at least one 'ugly' food
- Scrapbook the kid's keepsakes
Visit Nana(I want to do this again before the end of the year!) Tell my Nana I love her
- Tell my whole family I love them
- Send more birthday cards
- Email long distance friends at least twice each over the year
- Write a real hand written letter to someone!
- Create a 'creative space' for myself
- Try Zumba
- Send updated photographs of the children to family members who'd love to see them
- Buy a corset!
Try belly dancingLOVE LOVE LOVE!
- Get my old hard drive retrieved
- Learn more Dutch
- Ride a camel
- Re-string and play around with my dusty old neglected guitar
- Drink more tea
- Get myself a bicycle
- Build a deeper relationship with someone who matters <3
- Write my baby's birth stories
See the ophthalmologist
- Become an organ donor
- Put some chalk in my bag and write some love notes to the world and random strangers
- Pay a total stranger a compliment
- Dye my hair a crazy colour
- Try video calling someone I haven't seen in a long long time
- Write a bucket list
- Spend a day being crafty
- Expand my musical library
- Watch a few more movies
- Go to the cinema alone for a girly flick
- Read at least 12 books (Tally is at 1 so far!)
- Create something fun like an origami toy and give to a child on a train or bus
Buy myself new pillows
- Get my sunglasses fixed
- Spend a day at the zoo alone
- Journal my romances
Do some drawingI'm trying!
- Use my reader
- Learn to be calmer when the kids drive me mad! LOL
- Do a self defence course
- Write my children's book
- Watch "HOUSE" in full
- Learn to sing
- Sing in public - get over a fear
Apply for LifeLine Telephone CounsellingStart training in July!
- Get my tooth fixed
- Care for my skin more
- Buy jeans
- Run 5kms
- Find a way to earn extra money
- Go to lunch with friends more
- Go out for coffee on my own and people watch
- Get dressed up, go for drinks, dancing and laughing with friends - its been too long
- Get a manicure and pedicure
- Get photos taken
- Create a dream board
- Make my last wishes known
- Get myself a jewellery box that fits everything!
- Get my birthday and address books updated
- Exercise my gonads - be more assertive
Start a public blogTA-DA!
- Scrapbook my wedding album
- Store my keepsakes properly
- Develop my intuition
- Listen to more podcasts
Bake moreSo far so good
- Make more long distance phone calls
- Make life simpler with routines
- Create a reading nook
- Have an organised and 'traditional' christmas
- Send a 'just because' gift to someone
Volunteer at the schoolStarted out with playgroup and now working on a literacy program
- Horse riding lessons
- Declutter my house!
- Study something I love for fun
Try "green smoothies"
- Give up Coke - again...
- Try applique
- Buy myself a red dress
- Get some awesome boots
- Walk more
- Eat meals and take coffee breaks outdoors
- Sit in the sun and think
- Go on a trip somewhere alone to somewhere new
- Go swimming
- Learn to do the splits
14 out of 100... Not bad... But I can do better! I have a second 100 list for me in progress.
Watch this space... :-) I'll cross off more things soon. And I'll share my other 'lists' as well.