Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

Branching Out to look at Business Modelling!

Ok, so I had the weekend off blogging.  We were birthday-partying instead!  Fun tun fun!

But I'm back and ready to catch up.  So onto Day 11 of the 30 Day Blog Challenge!  The question to answer this time is, tricky, to say the least.  Again, no business...  But...

Which business model is best for you and what one revenue stream is most feasible.

I am going to tackle this in a futuristic tone. Mostly because I know that IF I were to pursue a venture at this moment it would look significantly different from what I would love to create later.  This is due to my commitment to motherhood.  I'm not able to commit the time and flexibility right now as I will when all my children head off to school.  So I will focus on my dream, and not this moment.  It will give me a clearer picute of where I need to steer my imagination for later.

Part One:  What business model?

I'm a people person, a helper and a healer.  What I want to do is assist others to create better, happier, healthier lives.  It feels useful and fulfilling to support others.  It feels expanding to learn from others as I support them.

With this in mind, I can only imagine building a business that centres on me and my ability and willingness to help others.  It needs to promote my skills as a helper as well as my compassion and capacity for empathy.  It has to be all about what I can offer others to make their world better.

Due to the nature of the work I want to focus the majority of my effort on, a personal one on one type of assistance is essential. It pivots on my active involvement.  It will mean my being there, interacting, to provide a service.

Of course, I can supplement my lifestyle with other avenues of work and income.  Running a business that requires my own ACTIVE participation does not preclude me from creating other things that could be used by others to help themselves, or bring joy.  It does not mean I can not sell or promote products created by others.  But it is where I want my focus to be.  I love making a direct difference and seeing first hand, the results.

30 day challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment